Funugyz Bar Review:
Let me start by saying I loved the old Funugyz. Nestled into a now torn down strip mall in cottonwood, the old location of this bar had a genuine dive bar atmosphere – low lighting, questionable stains in the carpet, skeeball and shuffleboard and bar games galore. it was seedy, but the fun kind of seedy.
The new Funugyz sits on the southern side of Cottonwood drive, in the unit that used to house Clavin’s pub and a long list of prior tenants. The new bar is brighter, cleaner, and has more of a sports bar feel. Another new addition is an outdoor patio complete with a sliding door that opens the bar to the outside, a fire pit, and a cornhole setup (if you’re into that kind of thing). The new bar also features a better tap selection than I previously had remembered. Some classic leftovers such as their Sunday morning bloody mary bar remain intact, which is a great hair of the dog option for you late night party folks.
I haven’t eaten at the new location yet, but the menu appears to mostly consist of the same fare as the old location.
So, here’s the obligatory pros and cons list.
- Cleaner, more light in the establishment
- outdoor patio area
- better tap selection
- super friendly bartenders!
- Smaller location
- Doesn’t seem very busy weeknights
- fewer bar games (only 2 pool tables, skeeball, shuffleboard, arcade are all gone)
- seems to have become more expensive (food menu)
The new Funugyz may be more appealing to the sports fan, but if you are looking for a seedy dive to hang with your friends, this may not be the place for you. Still, funugyz is just a short walk from my place so as a local pub I think the place is still a solid choice.
REALTOR ® | HomeSmart Cherry Creek | 720 260 0977
Latest posts by caleb (see all)
- Spirit Ridge Open House Festival Saturday August 19 - August 18, 2017
- 20 Mile Tap house - August 17, 2017
- An ode to another great Colorado Renaissance Festival - August 9, 2017